Just a reminder. . .

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Playing Catch-up. . .Taco Salad, Anyone?


I get to go to Girl's Camp this year.
(notice I said "get" and not "have." i am trying to change my attitude. hehe)
For a YCL training, I voluteered to make lunch for everyone.
Everyone. . . meaning 60ish people!
(and yes, i am crazy. and no, i didn't sleep the nite before.
and no, i didn't quite run out of food. it was awfully close, though!)


16 lbs of hamburger. . . 8 heads of lettuce. . .6 cans of olives. . .
12 tomatoes. . . 7 cans of beans. . .5 bags of chips. . .etc.
IT WAS A LOT OF FOOD!


Everyone pitched in on the desserts, thank goodness!
YUMMY!

The best part of the whole day, though, was the setting, and silly me, I forgot to take pics. We were up at Warm Springs. If any of you have been there, you know how pretty it is. A little oasis in the desert. We were also lucky enough (because of double booking) to get to have lunch in the Mansion House. It is an amazing old house! If any of you ever get a chance to get up there, ask the missionaries for a tour of the old place. Pretty cool! It even has an awesome curved front door!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christina Overton said...

Well I am feeling really foolish because I didn't even know that you are going to camp this year. Are you with the stake or do you have a ward calling that I should know about. :-)

Lisa said...

I am w/ the stake. I am an one of the assistants to Kaycee. It's been fun planning, but I am just not a camper. Oh well! It will be fun!

Christina Overton said...

I'm not a camper either. Like you I am trying to have a good attitude, but I am still totally dreading the whole thing.

Jessica Littlefield said...

Oh Lisa, we should talk. I'm in charge of stake girl's camp! It is going to be a blast and you will love it. Promise!

Wahl Family said...

Yeah for camp..some of the best times of YW. Our girls camp ALWAYS had a bear roaming it..every year...good times!